Verbal Sunshine

Over the last week I have received a couple of random compliments from complete strangers that totally made my day. One of the compliments came from an older gentleman that was walking with his wife through the park. I was walking past them with my dog when he said, “cute puppy.” And then he added, “cute lady, too.” The other time I was on the bus and an older woman said that the color I was wearing looked great on me. To put this in perspective, these both came on days when I had looked at myself in the mirror in the morning and took note of the acne breakout that I had on my face or how messy and imperfect my hair was. Both of those days I looked at myself and saw only my flaws without even realizing what I was doing. But those compliments lifted me up, put a smile on my face, and brightened my day with their simple but kind words. So my goal is to pay it forward and start handing out compliments, whether I know the person or not. Try it with me! Give someone a compliment today. They may need it and appreciate it more than you’ll ever know. 


Comments