Good Friends vs Bad Friends

One of our 5 keys we focus on in our workshops is Good Friends versus Bad Friends. Coming up with ideas for this station, came from a lot of personal experience when going through my self-worth trials.  These friendships are something that I have realized have a huge impact on my view of self. Often, we let those around us; greatly influence what we think of ourselves. Sometimes we can be surrounding ourselves with “bad” friends and not even realize they are subtly bring us down. I found a list on the internet that can help you decipher if your friends are “good” friends or “bad” friends.  As you read it, think about those closest to you and which category they fall into.


 It took a long time for me to learn the difference myself, and I feel I am finally at a place where I no longer have toxic friends in my life. I like to think of a quote from my favorite book, Perks of Being a Wallflower, “We accept the love we think we deserve.” Sparklers, YOU deserve to be around those who uplift you, you deserve good friends!

Going to college has really shown me who my “good” and “bad” friends are. I have my college friends and my home/high school friends. Half the year I am with one set and the other half I am with the other. What has stood out the most is who makes the effort to get in contact with me when I return to either.  I don’t have to have constant communication with my friends, but at one point or another it really stands out to me, when they make some sort of effort to contact me.  I wouldn’t trade the friends I have now for anything in the world and I think I only found these friends, because I realized I am worthy enough to be around those who lift me.













It is also important to remember that it isn’t the quantity of friends we have, but the quality of friends we have. Numbers don’t matter, as long as the ones we do have are good friends! I challenge you in this next week to think about who your good friends are and let them know how much you appreciate their positive influence in your life.

With love,
Ciara


Comments