Meet The Fabulous Shimmer, Sparkle, Shine Board

Today I thought I'd pull information directly from the Shimmer, Sparkle, Shine website and share some questions answered by the board. We have both men and woman serving on the board, we vary in age, we all have very different personalities, and all part of the SSS Project for different reasons. All these factors make us unique and bring varied talents and experiences to the SSS Project. I'm proud of the work that's been done in the past, but I'm especially proud of this current board for the work and time that has been put into our long term goals. Sparklers, we have some amazing things on the horizon and thank you again for supporting us along the way. - Michelle Nemnich

Ciara Mosquito
Founder / Executive Director
Email: ciara.sssproject@gmail.com
What does self-worth mean to you?  To me self-worth means that who I am now, who I was in the past, and who I will become is not limited to imperfections. This doesn’t mean it will mean the same thing to me in a year, or even a month. My personal meaning of self-worth is always changing, which is something I try to emphasize in SSSP.
What is your favorite SSSP Key? Making Your Mark. I love hearing the girls come up with ways to use their talents to serve those around them. It is very enlightening to hear such sweet spirits get excited about ways they can help those around them.
What skill would you like to master? I would love to master sewing! I have always wanted to be able to sew my own clothes. I consider myself a fashionista, so being able to make my own clothes would be amazing!
What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend? Sleeping in, doing something crafty, and working on SSSP. All of those things being me the most peace in my life.
What is your favorite SSSP memory during your time on the board? The very first workshop back in 2012. It was amazing to see all of the girls in attendance and to realize the potential SSSP could have on a larger scale. Seeing all of the girls together in one room was one of those moments that literally took my breath away, and one I wish I could relive.


Michelle Nemnich


Chief Operating Officer
Email: michelle.sssp@gmail.com
What does self-worth mean to you? Not beating myself up when I stumble and allowing myself to celebrate when I have a victory. It’s also coming to an understanding that my journey is not someone else journey. We are all unique as woman and what I have to give in this moment is enough.
What is your favorite SSSP Key? Without a doubt, Making Your Mark is my favorite key. I want every girl and young woman to know that she has a talent worth sharing. Some days what she has to offer may not seem as grand as the girl next to her, but it can be just as impactful.
What skill would you like to master? Personally I’d love to master the art of quilting. I’m a newbie and I’m scared to death every time I sit down to the sewing machine and think “what do I do next”.  Now, as the “oldie” of this board I would love to fine tune my social media management skills. I manage “okay” and get done what needs to get done, but I’d really like to learn the ins and outs of successfully growing an online presence and feel confident with the skills needed to do so.
What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend? Two times a year I spend a 3 day weekend scrapbooking with my friends. We eat junk food, we laugh a lot, we reminisce about old photos and memories, sometimes we complain together, but most importantly we make new memories. These weekends reboot me. They give me an outlet to just get away from everyday expectations and focus on me.
What was the best compliment you’ve received? I’ve had people ask me how I always remain so positive. Ultimately I choose to believe in the good of others and I believe in forgiveness. Life is too short to focus on others shortcomings and linger in the past. Doing so can weigh heavy on the heart. If I focus on my life, my actions and what I can give to others I’m a much happier person.
What is your favorite SSSP memory during your time on the board? I’ll never forget the feeling I had when Ciara hosted her very first workshop. As Ciara’s mom, I couldn’t help but get choked up and think WOW…my kid is really doing this. I knew that day it was the beginning of something special and I was PROUD to be a part of it.
Alyssa Kruse

Program Director
Email: alyssa.sssp@gmail.com
What does self-worth mean to you? To me, self-worth means you know you are loved! Self-worth means you can see all the amazing attributes that you possess. Self-worth means that even through the hard times in life you can stay positive about yourself.
What is your favorite SSSP Key? My favorite SSSP key is Making Your Mark. Throughout my life I have always loved using my talents to serve other people. I have always felt that when people use their talents to bless the lives of others, people feel more accomplished and happy.
What skill would you like to master? One skill I would love to master is yoga. I am very much into fitness and being healthy. I love yoga because it is a way of exercise that keeps you physically healthy as well as mentally! I am not very good at yoga, but I want to master yoga so that I have a good outlet to meditate and work out.
What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend? My ideal way to spend the weekend is to sleep in, make waffles with my husband, and go hiking in mountains of Southeastern Idaho.
What was the best compliment you’ve received? The best compliment I ever received was that I am a good friend. I know that seems typical, but I love it. I have received this compliment from many people, and it’s great because I know that I treat my friends right. I try to always be there for my friends in all of life’s happiness, craziness, and sadness. I want my friends to know that I am loyal and I am there for them, and it’s good to hear they do know it and appreciate it.
What is your favorite SSSP memory during your time on the board? My favorite SSSP memory is actually from when I was just an intern. I loved putting on my first workshop with Ciara Mosquito!  I enjoyed watching girls learn about self-worth and self-esteem. It was amazing to witness first hand the change in girls eyes when they learn how unique and perfect they are in their skin. 

Byron Huntington

Resource Development and Marketing
Email: byron.sssp@gmail.com
What does self-worth mean to you? It goes hand in hand with self esteem as our own self worth is a direct influence on our self esteem. Our worth is a subjective evaluation of who we are and and how we contribute to society, our family, friends and yourself emotionally and metaphorically. The higher our self worth the higher our self esteem which also holds true in reverse.
What is your favorite SSSP Key? For me it’s clearly personality. My personality is a big part of my self worth and self esteem.
What skill would you like to master? I like to do and know a little bit about a lot of different things. I don’t think I can pick just one thing.
What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend? Namaste… in bed, just kidding. Teaching a beadwork class on Saturday, going to a movie or Bingo and just hanging out at home on Sunday.
What was the best compliment you’ve received? When someone says I remind them of my Mom. She was a strong, highly educated Woman who saw the world and did many different things in her life. Now when they say I look like her, that’s a different story!
What is your favorite SSSP memory during your time on the board? I wasn’t quite on the board yet but the last SSSP luncheon would be it. Seeing the positive impact and hearing the stories of how SSSP has influenced the self esteem and self worth of girls was an awesome experience.

Comments