Let’s talk about perfectionism!



Did you know that you’re actually doing others a disservice when you’re trying to be perfect?


YES, A DISSERVICE! 
Here's Why. 
In this life we are meant to learn to love unconditionally. When you’re trying to be perfect you’re bending and sometimes forcing yourself to be something you’re not.  Which ultimately means you’re making it easier for the other people around you, to love you.
The people around you are getting nothing from that experience.  They aren’t learning to love you as you are, and then you create an expectation that they have to be who you want them to be too.  So now both parties are not appreciating or accepting the other person but more importantly, you’re not learning to love yourself as is.

 


We are built differently for a reason. You are meant to just be you! 

Perfection is your truth, being authentic means you’re in your essence and there nothing greater than that!  You can never match someone else’s value system or expectation.  You can try but all you end up is exhausted.  Everyone is so focused on what they want to achieve, on their own needs, their wants, their success, their perceived failures, they don’t have time to focus on you, and what you believe you are or aren’t doing.

No one cares!
They care about your well being and they care about your happiness but about you being perfect. You’re meant to do things in your time, in your way.  When I wrote my first book I spent at least six months writing and the other six months procrastinating.  I felt so much pressure to get it done.  The thing is, I was committed to no one except me.  Instead I convinced myself it was taking too long.  Ironically I now feel it is ahead of its time when I look at my business overall.
Eye Roll.
No one knows what your soul wants you to achieve except you.  However long it takes, is however long it takes. If you are truly happy and honoring yourself does it matter how long?  The only thing you need to think about is what small/medium/large step can I take right now that will bring me closer to my goal? What can I do to show the universe I am committed in fulfilling my goals. What can I do to show myself (otherwise known as the universe) that I am committed?

You are the Universe.
So how is the relationship with YOU going? Are you still accepting less than what you want and deserve or are you clear, committed and waiting for the right time to take action? Your food, your study, your family, your spirit, your everything is a relationship.  If things aren’t panning out, work on harmonizing how you treat you.  It’s the exact reflection.   The thing I want to stress is that you can’t run from you.
You can never run from the truth of you. 
Why would you want to? Honestly it makes no sense.  You are the joy, so tap in and connect to the truth of you. And if not you, then who?


Guest Contributor: Maryanne Katsidis






Comments