The Word Perseverance...Always Comes with Pressure



There’s probably only one word that I hate in The Bible and that is the word Perseverance! Oh, the “ P” word haha! It’s always had a sour taste in my mouth. Don’t it leave one of yours too?! Ugh, I hate it. Now I know that it is something that will make us more like Christ. It’s one of the fruits of The Spirit. In some translations, it’s also called patience. It’s something we need but not necessarily what we want. Why? It always comes with pressure, being uncomfortable, situations that we can’t control, trials, the uncertainty of the unknown etc… Basically, anything we don’t like always comes with perseverance.

Now I’m a GPK( Grand preacher’s kid) so I’ve known of “church” all my life but it wasn’t when I not my parents or my grandparents but I Ashley Ruiz at the age of 18 decided to make Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior that. It wasn't until then perseverance really started showing up in my life. But I didn’t care! All about God right? I was saved. I was brought back to life. Made new! Anything for Jesus! Then… to be daily of dying to myself (the flesh) every day.

2 Corinthians 4:16
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are
being renewed day by day.”

This is the challenge and the reward of perseverance. Dying to our flesh with the temptations of
this world that we face every day which results in our spirit being renewed day by day which leads
to our growth in Christ.


Galatians 6:9
“Let us not grow weary or become discouraged in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Put this to whatever you are persevering through whether it’s going through school, making new friends, practicing on your talents and skills etc. Whatever it is if we don’t give up then we will see those things God’s promises come to pass. Sometimes it just takes TIME for Gods promises to come to pass BUT God is FAITHFUL!  God is the promise keeper and He will deliver! People need to see love! They need to see Jesus!  They need to see YOU! The real beautiful YOU to make YOUR mark in this world.  Love and hope are who Jesus is!! I believe as we embrace who we are as God's beautiful daughters through perseverance the world will see Jesus shining brighter and brighter in us! Amen!

LOVE YOU BEAUTIES!!


XO ASHLEY


Comments