My Happiness Project



I recently started reading a book called
 “The Happiness Project” by Gretchen Rubin.
 
This book is a perfect addition to the project I have already been pursuing the past few months. I say it’s a happiness project but it is really more of a total transformation. The past few years have been extremely difficult for me, plagued by illness, sadness, and death. I am someone who likes to put on a happy face and be strong for others, even when it is me who is fighting the battle. A few months ago, I reached a place where I just didn’t feel like I had anything left. But I am not one to give up on life so, instead of throwing in the towel, I started soul searching. What do I need to be happy?

            Now, happiness is something that we all know when we feel it. It is not easy to define though, kind of like love. I think that is because happiness isn’t a singular thing. It means something different for each of us. And though we all strive for lots of things in life, happiness is easily the biggest and most constant pursuit. For me, happiness is still an evolving thing. The body that I am in is worn, scarred, and tired from fighting cancer. I need to feel physically better. So I am working on transforming that. Feeling better will make me feel happier. Also, I need an outlet for the things that I feel but struggle to express for fear of burdening the ones I love. I am working on that too. The funny thing is that just knowing that I am working towards these goals makes me feel lighter, happier. I know that there will be moments that are not happy. That is just life. But I want to feel happier as a whole. Today, I would like to encourage each of you reading this to go out and find your "happy". It will be different from mine but not less. And you will feel so much better for it, I promise. 

Shari Solis

Comments