Being a New Mom Brought a Whirlwind of Changes

Hello, I'm Cathy Ho. As a new mom, I went through a whirlwind of changes and quickly realized people are afraid to talk about it and I'll be sharing my thoughts about this with you.
I can't be a good mom, wife, daughter, sister or friend without putting time into myself. It's a struggle being a new mom and putting such high expectations of myself! "I can do everything I used tom, plus take care of my new baby."  Postpartum emotions/depression/anxiety is a real thing and I NEVER.... NEVER.... in a million years thought I would go through this. "I did all the right things to avoid it" and said "I don't have it", but what does that even mean?! 


Dedicated to all mommies, youngster and elders !!! Being a mom is a lot of work and we need to give ourselves a break! There is way too much negative stigma about postpartum depression/anxiety and it makes women afraid to talk about it. I want to say first hand- IT'S OKAY!!! You're not crazy! I went from working out 5-6 days a week, plus 2-3 yoga classes a week; came and went as I pleased before having my baby, to now barely having time to sit down to have a proper meal. I had forgotten all about me and it wasn't until recently that I came to terms that I had postpartum depression! 

I share this because you don't know you're in it, when you're in it. I finally found the courage to reach out to the people I trust and people who didn't even know they were helping me with their positive and motivating videos! I feel waaaay better finally being able to talk about it and sharing my feelings whole heatedly. I was telling myself that I would be weak if I told anyone how I was feeling!!?? Yeah... I know, weird right? I was the one many counted on when they needed a shoulder to cry on and if I admitted that I was having a hard time, how would anyone look at me the same? Yep... this was the crap that was going on in my head! I share this because I'm not afraid and I'm not weak. I'm human! I hope by me speaking out, I can help you too! Actually, you don't have to have postpartum depression for these thoughts to help you. When we stop taking care of ourselves sadness sets it and far too often people don't even realize that they lack love for themselves. Self love and care is so important because if you keep giving a little bit of yourself away, eventually you can be left with nothing. What do they tell you on the air plane? "Put your own mask on first before assisting others around you" being in the fitness industry for so long, I knew all of this. As a matter of fact, I used to give this advice to my clients! Advice is always easier given than taken! I urge all you ladies to do something nice for yourself today. Tell the people who care about you what you're going through️... it's normal! Take care of you and happiness will follow. 

Comments