When Life Takes You a New Direction



While reflecting on this summer, I’m looking back on the time I have spent with the Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project. When Ciara asked me to be on the board, I had no idea how long I would be a part of this organization or how much I would learn from it. I had the opportunity to serve some amazing young ladies and network with incredibly giving people in the nonprofit world. I was excited to see our growth as we became an official nonprofit organization and reached so many kiddos in our community through partnerships with local libraries. I was proud to give some of my time and talents to SSSP, but as each of us board members go through changes in our lives, so does this organization. Over the last few months, I’ve realized that it’s time for me to humbly step away and allow it to grow in a new direction with people that are passionate and ready to work hard to strengthen this organization to reach further. I thought about it a lot, and it was hard to choose to leave something that I wanted to help build, but my life is moving in a different direction and my plans don’t allow for me to give to SSSP what it deserves. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be on this board for so long. I’m excited to see where things go from here under Ciara’s leadership and dedication. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be on the board for so long. Thank you to everyone who has supported us and thank you to everyone that steps up to help Ciara continue to serve the mission of the Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project.

With Gratitude and Hope,
Ashley 

_________________________________________

We love you Ashley! Thank you for your time and your dedication. Most of all thank you for sharing your talents with us and leaving a trail of sparkle in the Shimmer, Sparkle, Shine Project.









Comments