Video Game Standards for Men and Women

As a person who likes playing video games, I notice how women and men are portrayed in those games. Women tend to be overly sexy and perfect, and it honestly makes most average women feel not good enough. They have made me feel that way a few times, and I know that other women have felt that way about most of the things we see in media. Those feelings are why most campaigns, including the SSS Project,  about loving yourself for who you are have been started. 


 But I feel that women have come to think that they should be accepted for who they are no matter what and not the other way around. And by that, I mean men. They also see how perfect, muscular, and manly a man has to be in today's media and some just are not. Yet, women expect them to be this way instead of accepting them for who they are, and I do not think that's fair at all. 

We as women, do not like how we get cat called and treated as an item, yet we do the same and think it's alright for us to think a man is only amazing because of his looks. The standards we hold for each other should be reexamined. Stop and think how you would feel if you were the other person.

Comments