Strength. Beauty. Confidence. Ambition.



I'm a girl who was raised with strength. I am a girl who was taught true beauty. I am a girl who has learned to have confidence. And I am a girl who has ambition. 18 years. It has taken 18 years to acquire these traits, and at times, I never understood some of them. But just like everything else in life, they eventually made sense. Strength, Beauty, Confidence, and Ambition. To some, they are just words, but these words are the definition of who I am. But they are not only a definition for me, I believe these words define many young women.
            Strength is to have mental power, force, or vigor. Growing up, I was raised to have strength. When I was younger I had no clue to the true meaning behind it. Today, I have a good idea about what having strength means, but there is also still room to learn, to grow, and for a definition to change. Strength is not only physical, but it is mental as well. Strength is a reason to fight for what you want, to defend your opinions, and a force to move forward even when you are being pushed back. I am a girl who has strength, and it has allowed to me voice my opinion and not settle for less than I deserve. Strength. Beauty. Confidence. Ambition… The definition of me.
            Beauty is something which, in its natural form, is breathtaking. As I've grown up, I've been taught true beauty and the meaning behind it. True beauty comes from within, it's not something physical. I've learned over the years that one's true beauty is shown through your actions and in how you treat and take care of others. This is something which has inspired me to volunteer, to help others, to work to make the world a better place. True beauty can change, but it can also change the person. It's a beautiful reflection of one's heart and soul. Strength. Beauty. Confidence. Ambition… The definition of me.


 

Confidence is believing in oneself and the powers or abilities one has. In the 18 years I've been alive, I've learned to have confidence in not only myself but in the people who surround me as well. Without confidence, you hold yourself back and you don't allow yourself to grow to your fullest potential. Confidence is something which takes time to learn, and it's difficult to acquire. You are your harshest critic, but I've learned that you have to believe in yourself and take a risk. Being confident in yourself means stepping out on a limb, outside of your comfort zone, and going for it. Strength. Beauty. Confidence. Ambition… The definition of me.
            Ambition is having the drive to strive for and accomplish better. I am a girl who has ambition. And as a female, this word has a negative connotation, it makes me look too strong and potentially too masculine. Yet this word is a compliment for males. I am a girl who is proud to say she has ambition. I am always working to be better, do better, and learn more. I never want to settle, and I work like crazy to make sure I don't. Ambition comes from ones work ethic. A strong work ethic creates an incredibly ambitious person. I am a girl with ambition. I am a girl who is proud to say she has ambition. And I am a girl who wants to empower other ambitious women. Strength. Beauty. Confidence. Ambition… The definition of me.
            Strength. Beauty. Confidence. Ambition. These words define me. They show the true me. They back everything I do in life. I am a girl who was raised with strength. I am a girl who was taught true beauty. I am a girl who has learned to have confidence. And I am a girl who has ambition. Strength. Beauty. Confidence. Ambition. Don't be afraid or ashamed of the words which define you. Be the girl who's willing to stand up for herself, what she believes in, and where she wants to be in life.

Comments