Using Style as a Tool to Express How You Feel About Yourself!

One thing many people pick up about me, is that I have a HUGE love for clothing and fashion. Let me start off by saying that your clothing is not what makes you, you! It does not define you. I view it as a way to enhance what you already like about yourself and as an avenue to express that joy. How you use fashion to express your joy and beauty is how I would define style. Everyone has their own style and that is something I find so beautiful when I look at those around me.  As I have mentioned a few times before, sometimes when I am feeling down I put on a rocking outfit, look in the mirror, do a snap in the Z-formation, and say “Shimmer, Sparkle Shine!”


My personal style and love for fashion is a major tool I use to pick myself up. Countless times when I am feeling sad or upset I get in my car, and drive to my favorite thrift stores to indulge in some retail therapy. Our bodies are meant to be celebrated and decorated, and clothing/accessories is a way to do that!!

Unfortunately life gets in the way and we do not always have the financial ends to express our style and dress our body like we would want to. Luckily, we can work with what we got and places like thrift stores make it easy to focus on celebrating ourselves for once through our style. With that being said, the joy I get in finding a one of a kind discounted piece of apparel at a thrift store is WAY more gratifying than getting clothes for full price at normal retail stores. You do not have to spend a lot of money to express your style and beauty! 

I always appreciate finding quotes by a fashion designer about how fashion/style is meant to enhance our natural beauty and that it isn’t meant to replace or be mistaken for as the reason for our beauty. Here are a few of my favorites; 

  • “Everyday is a fashion show and the world in your runway.” –Coco Chanel
  • “Style is the way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe
  • “Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever.” – Ralph Lauren

 This week I encourage all my sparklers to view getting dressed a way to express your style and how you feel about yourself. Dress to YOUR style, dress to how beautiful you are! Do not cut yourself short, and remember that you are beautiful and you deserve to let others know that you find yourself beautiful!
With Love,

Ciara

Comments