Just Do It!

Whenever someone tells me to try something new, I do it. I know that it can be intimidating to do so and even scary, but in my mind regretting not doing something is even worse. Like trying new foods. It wasn't until recently that I had tried sushi for the first time and I instantly fell in love. Because I gave it a chance, I can now say that it is one of my favorite things to eat and I probably eat it more than the suggested amount. Then there's crocheting! Had I not tried it one day in high school, I wouldn't have had another fun thing to do with my grandmother who loves to knit and crochet. I've also learned a lot about myself, as a person, by trying new things. When I tried a new job in retail I realized that I have little patience for adults. Compare that to my other job as a teacher aide, where I have all the patience in the world for little kids. I absolutely enjoy knowing that retail isn't for me, but kudos to all of you who work retail and enjoy it. Seriously, how do you do it? It's not like I've done anything super crazy like jump out of an airplane or actually attempt to kill a spider by myself, but when I do do things that are out of my norm, I feel as adventurous as can be. So next time you have doubts about trying that creepy looking fruit or even trying on that cute dress you've thought about buying a million times but haven't, DO IT! Because why not?   Xochil

Comments