Newest Board Member: Introducing Casey


As a quick background, I’ve been involved with The Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project for just a few months. Initially, I was working with Ciara to design the organization’s new logo. After completion of the logo, I joined the Board of Directors to assist with graphic design work and marketing materials as needed, among other responsibilities. Being involved with The Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project has been awesome so far, and I’m very excited to be on board!

Currently, I’m working on designing new handouts and boost booklets for upcoming workshops. I’m really pumped about this project for a few different reasons. First, growing up with constantly emerging technologies, social platforms, and devices has been exciting but challenging. The media now has thousands of ways daily to “show” young women (and young men) “what it means” to be beautiful, charming, fit, successful, and so on and so forth. It’s really important to me that the youth of today have the opportunity to understand that they are their own person; they are unique, and that is enough. They need to set their own goals, hold their own standards, believe in themselves, and dream big. Media and peers will come at them with ideals and standards, but the ability to choose to believe in themselves, regardless of what others think, is a huge key to loving Ourwho they are (Hey, I mentioned a key! While this isn’t necessarily one of our organizations official “keys” to shine, it’s still important!). Second, I struggled for 23 years to love myself; that’s 23 too many! While part of The Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project, I hope to encourage young girls to love themselves in a way that took me way too long to figure out. Last, I’m creative and passionate (nearly to a fault). With that said, I’m absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to channel these two qualities into materials that will ideally inspire and encourage hundreds of young girls to love themselves!

Because I’m on the East Coast, I won’t be attending any workshops in the near future, but I look forward to writing inspiring blog posts and creating awesome materials for The Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project!

  • (With love from SSSP’s newest member!!) Casey

Comments