Music Can Be a Mood Changer...




Hey Sparklers!
I know I cannot be alone, when I say that sometimes music can be a mood changer! Sometimes the perfect song can turn our mood around for the better! For the past few years there has been a trend in the music industry, so many artist are singing about being yourself and loving who you are. I think it is great that such a positive message is being illustrated in popular music! I wanted to share with you some of my favorites from my personal “Shimmer Sparkle Shine Playlist.” Please feel free to share with us what song makes you want to love yourself! We would love to hear them!!

1. Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld
Right now this is my number one self-love jam! The chorus is exactly what the Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project is about and it makes me so happy every time I hear it!

 

 2. Gold by Britt Nicole


 


 3. Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
This song sometimes brings me back to the hard times that caused me to start this organization, but by the end I am always uplifted because I remember that I am strong like a skyscraper and anyone can get through anything!
 


 4. Firework by Katy Perry


 

 5. Happily Ever After by He is We
Most of this song has a romantic connotation, but I chose this song on my playlist because of when it says “We all have a story to tell.” This part in this song is one of the biggest things that inspired me to start the Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project because I believe we are all unique with special stories to share!


 

 6. Shine Bright like a Diamond by Rihanna


 

7. Why Not by Hilary Duff
Hilary Duff was my idol growing up, and she still is to this day! I love this song because sometime our insecurities hold us back from taking chances, but we need to not let them chain us down!


 


 8. Who Says by Selena Gomez


 


9. Survivor by Destiny Child
To all my younger sparklers, believe or not Beyonce was in a girl group once, and that is actually what made her famous (just a little music lesson for you all..) and this song always makes me feel strong like any women should.


 


10. Beautiful by Christina Aguilera


 


11. Take Me the Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson
I hope that whoever you give your heart to one day loves you for who you are, but most importantly take yourself for who you are!


 

 12. Born this Way by Lady GaGa


With Love,
Ciara

Comments