Smile!



Happiness and joy are beautiful and we show those emotions by smiling and laughing. In my opinion, a person’s smile is their best feature and I love smiles so much that this week I’m just going to ramble about all the ways and all the reasons why smiles are the best. 

They are contagious






This happens all the time. Think about how often people smile at you and what do you do? You smile back of course! It happens with laughter, too. Even if we don’t know what people are laughing about we feel compelled to smile and laugh right along with them. So don’t be afraid to flash those pearly whites someone’s way today, whether you know them or not!

They make you feel better


 
Try it right now. Smile. How great does that feel? Did you instantly feel wonderful? I know I did. Next time you’re having a bad day, make a choice to smile it out. It will change the way you see the whole situation and you’ll realize that joy can be found under any circumstances.

It’s the perfect way to start your morning

I learned this one from my dog, Daisy. This is how she says good morning…


 
How adorable is that? What if we all woke up like this? Well, maybe not lying on our backs looking for pets, but you know what I mean.
When you wake up in the morning, put a big grin on your face like this pretty puppy and greet your day with gratitude and excitement. 

Wrinkles from Smiling



 
I have a family member that I remember was complaining about her wrinkles at a get together one night. While she was talking I realized that her wrinkles were actually smile lines. And every time she laughed that night, I saw the skin on her cheeks fold even more and all I could think was how incredibly beautiful those wrinkles really were. They were stories that were written on her face. Stories of all the wonderful times she had in her life, of all the laughs she shared with friends and family, of all the happiness she experienced. When I wake up in the mirror to my own smile lines one day, I’m just going to keep on doing what I did to form them because they will remind me of all the joy I have felt in my life.

That’s all I’ve got for now on this topic! Go forth and share your smile with the world!
-Ashley



Comments