Giving Bratz Dolls a Make Under



 
As I was scrolling through Facebook the other day, I saw a link to this video called, “Tasmanian Artist Gives Bratz Dolls ‘Make-Unders’ So They Look Like Normal Girls” and I was instantly intrigued. Growing up, I had so many Bratz dolls and I still have them to this day. Now I haven’t played with them in a couple years, but from what I remember, they were super beautified dolls, with heavy eye shadow and the biggest lips I’ve ever seen on a doll. Seeing those features on something that I played with daily, influenced me to want to wear make up and pout my lips just to see if I could appear more like one of them. They were the goal that I thought every little girl wanted to obtain, and I didn’t see how much of an influence they were on me, and my self-image, until I saw this video. What this Tasmanian artist decided to do with these second-hand Bratz dolls was simply incredible to me. Instead of leaving the excessive amount of make up painted on their faces, she removed it all and painted on a new face, a face that you could actually relate to and see your natural self in. I only wish that I could have been able to play with these recycled dolls, because then maybe I wouldn’t be so worried about whether or not my makeup looks good and instead realize how beautiful I can be naturally. But seeing these dolls and their glorious natural self helps me see that I can be just as amazing without the need of any make-up. 

Xochil

Comments