Find a cause you believe in, and make it known!



Hey there Beautiful ladies!

So, let me tell you about the Shimmer Sparkle Shine experience really quick.  I have had the chance to intern for this great non-profit all summer long, and it has been a crazy insightful experience.  While I have learned that no adult actually works as efficiently as my college professors say they do, I have been shocked by how open and helpful people are.  People were all willing to listen to me describe what we do, and we were able to schedule workshops in Idaho, Utah, and Colorado this summer.  When I asked a brand new restaurant to donate 23 meals to us for a workshop, they didn’t even hesitate before telling me they would love to help.  When I called a total stranger, and asked him if his hardware store would be willing to donate 20 keys to us for the same workshop, he ended up giving us more than we needed.  I love the generosity and cooperation I have seen this summer from people all over the United States.  People react when they see a cause they can appreciate.  
 
One especially tender moment I experienced happened before our Rexburg, Idaho workshop.  A mother saw our Facebook ad and messaged me on Facebook asking for more information.  She told me that her daughter was struggling and was having a hard time making friends, then she signed her daughter up for the workshop.  When her daughter first arrived, she was quiet and didn’t socialize with the other girls.  Then, after about an hour, this little eight-year-old girl began to talk to the girls in her group.  They all laughed, raced, and talked together for the rest of the workshop.  Knowing that this little girl needed what we had to offer made me want to work even harder to make sure our workshop was exactly what she needed.  Seeing her open up and smile was all I needed to know that Shimmer Sparkle Shine can and does make a difference in the lives of young girls that participate in our workshops.  This non-profit touched my heart as it gave me an opportunity to serve and learn from young girls, and fellow volunteers.  


 I have had frustrations while interning this summer, and there were days I did not feel like working on my tasks at all, but I kept pushing through those rough days.  I am so glad I did keep working hard and doing my part, because I have seen so many connections made, and I have seen our growth, and I have seen growth in those we serve.  Seeing these things has made every moment worth it.  All the planning, phone calls, hours on Instagram, hours of promoting us on Facebook, and everything else was worth it.  Honestly, I believe that good things are worth working hard for.  Shimmer Sparkle Shine Project was worth working hard for!  SSS is going places!  


Ladies, find a cause you believe in, and make it known!  Work for that cause, volunteer, spread the word, ANYTHING!  I promise it will be worth your time and energy.  I pledge to love myself and love those around me!  I will forever be a Sparkler, and I will continue to help where I can to see this cause grow and develop!  I hope you all can find a cause that touches you, so you can feel this way too!

Love ya’ll
Alyssa

Comments